3.30.2012

The Pink Sisters


The Pink Sisters
      
             Praying is a religious practice which I learned from the Capuchin Fathers. Through prayers, I ask for divine guidance, make petitions or request assistance from a being I consider as my God.   Though I can pray anywhere as God is said to be everywhere, there are appropriate places where I can communicate with the One who created me.  And with an unwavering faith, it is with fervent hope that my prayers will be answered.

              Before embarking on a journey to a distant land, I pray for a safe trip to the Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage shrine at the Antipolo Church.  When I am not feeling well or when a friend or relative is sick, I do my praying at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Quezon City or at the Father Pio Chapel in Libis, also in Quezon City. When the burden seems too heavy, I kneel for some time in front of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo Church or pray to the image of Our Lady of the Redemptorist in Baclaran or, if I have the time, I travel and pay a visit to the centuries- old icon of Our Lady of Turumba in Pakil, Laguna.

              Now, if it is a very special request, or a specific intention is sought, there is a special place I go to. It is a place where cloistered nuns spend most of their time meditating and praying.  Their whole life is entirely devoted to the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.  This place I am referring to is in Tagaytay City, near the Rotunda. It is a chapel where strict silence is observed.
   
              The nuns wear pink-colored habits, and for this, they are called the Pink Sisters. Pink or old rose symbolizes joy. One can pray for whatever intentions.  Or he may ask the Pinks Sisters to do the praying for him.  He writes on a piece of paper his petition together with his name. He then puts this in an envelope and any donation is appreciated. 

               When I first dabbled in politics and sought an elective seat in our Municipal Council some years back, I drove for more than 70 kms from Manila to that secluded place to be able to pray.  I was a virtual unknown and was a long shot.  Nobody seemed to take me seriously.  But in what appeared to be an upset, I clinched a seat.  Thanks to the intercession of the Pink Sisters.

                Upon reckoning, prayers give us inner strength, provide us with a clear and open mind and grant us the courage to face adversities or stand up to pressure. In the end, we realize that we can, on our own, clearly think of measures to be taken to be able to achieve what we want.  And we are ready to do battle and accept whatever results it may yield. Now, do I always expect miracles when praying there? As the eminent English writer Charles Dickens would say: "Oh lor, no !!!! "

- Konted

This is what you see when you reach the end of the narrow road.

Right flank of Chapel

Front view of Chapel

Taken from the left flank

Warning

Stations of the Cross in concrete

11th Station -- Jesus Is Nailed to the Cross

Beautiful landscaping

Clean and green

Hazy image of a Pink Sister praying

The Pink Sisters

In front of Chapel

Concrete walkway around the garden

Founder of the Congregation

Founder was from Netherlands

More warning signs

Quiet surroundings

Wide parking area

Pine trees abound in the area

Souvenir shot

Upper part of big garden

A long shot of the Chapel