9.25.2011

Crazy Katsu



Crazy Katsu


           Filipinos, in general, love sports.  And with it, betting on the outcome of a game or match.  The wager could be in the form of money, a valuable item or anything agreed upon. Betting gives one something to look forward to and adds excitement while watching the event. To this claim that Filipinos like to bet, I agree.  And I am no exception.

            I had this bet with my friend Rouel.  I was predicting a Novak Djokovic win over Rafael Nadal in the Wimbledon finals.  Still actively playing tennis, Rouel picked Nadal to win the crown though he knew that the odds were against the Spaniard.  Prior to the match, Novak had a 4-0 win-loss record against his archrival.  At this point, I thought this would be my chance to get even with Rouel as he beat me in the last NBA finals.

           And so game time came and we watched the Wimbledon on cable TV at Bob's place near Capitol Hills.  With San Mig Lite, naturally.  Novak easily took the first two sets, struggled and lost in the third, but regained his composure in the 4th to complete his mastery of the left-handed Nadal.  He annexed the Wimbledon crown for his second Grand Slam title for the year.  Needless to say,  I was jubilant.  And so was Rolly Dayco.

            Oh, I forgot to tell you what the wager was.  It was a dine out in a resto of my choice. So one Saturday night, we were at Crazy Katsu, a small but cozy restaurant somewhere in the area of Diliman, Q.C. . We had spicy and crunchy Chicken Katsu, fish and vegetable Tempura,  Katsudon and Tonkatsu.  With unlimited rice.  Just like unlimited text, so I thought.  And did I like the food?  You bet !!!

- Konted

Chicken Katsu

Katsudon

Fish & Vegetable Tempura 
Tonkatsu

Japanese food delights...


With Rouel Q & Bobbit S (owner of Tipanan Resto in San Francisco)